Thursday, December 2, 2010

7th Photograph

"Faint Animosity"

For this photograph, I sought to show the emotion of resentment, one of the lower levels of anger we often experience.  With this idea, I left my model (Shelton Deguzman) enclosed in shadow (a subtle reference to the "lurking in the shadows" concept)  gripping a crumpled paper crane.  However, the hand gripping the the paper crane (which is deformed to the point of being unrecognizable) is unfocused to leave the object of his resentment as an abstract idea, also enclosed in light to create a contrast between my model and the "idea".  Also, I decided make the color a bit saturated to make it more "vivid", as viewers often view more vivid colors as "passionate", in comparison to a desaturated "cold" and "detached' picture.

For this, I didn't really change my idea and concept, but I decided to include objects in my picture to help emphasize the emotion, rather than solely relying on the model themselves.


As a side note:  I got a rather large papercut on my middle finger on my left hand making the paper crane :(.  It makes grabbing things uncomfortable and it sometimes hurt to type.  No bueno :(

No comments:

Post a Comment