![]() |
| "Melancholy" |
The central idea of this picture is to capture the essence of long stretches of time when nothing happens and you simply live on, surviving the day-to-day routine. I [accidently] used the "tungsten lighting"white-balancing option of the DSLR to create the cool, bluish color tone of the picture, making this picture rather "low energy-charged", even somewhat energy draining to look at. I decided to let the shadows partially/lightly cover his face, to emphasize the "soft sadness" of the model's expression.
This image adds another negative moment/emotion that we may experience in life, since living is not always filled with happiness and joy, it is counter-balanced with troubles and issues. With this photograph, it made me think about how the colors are presented in the photograph, since I was focusing more on the angle of my shots, pose of the model, and the interaction with light (in the process, neglecting other aspects).
However, in this photo, I realized my mistake of the ISO setting. In the 3rd photograph, I used a high ISO to get the desired brightness. Except, I forgot to change the ISO setting back down, so the photo suffers from noise and reduction in image quality. :(
This image adds another negative moment/emotion that we may experience in life, since living is not always filled with happiness and joy, it is counter-balanced with troubles and issues. With this photograph, it made me think about how the colors are presented in the photograph, since I was focusing more on the angle of my shots, pose of the model, and the interaction with light (in the process, neglecting other aspects).
However, in this photo, I realized my mistake of the ISO setting. In the 3rd photograph, I used a high ISO to get the desired brightness. Except, I forgot to change the ISO setting back down, so the photo suffers from noise and reduction in image quality. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment