![]() |
| "Sincerity" |
For this picture, the central idea was to present an expression of sincere laughter (we were making jokes in the dark and happened to get this shot at the right moment). From snapshot photos in our youth, we were "trained" to smile in photos, establishing a fake mask of happiness just to make the picture less dreary. So this is to show a moment of legitimate happiness, emphasizing (again) the face to portray this.
This picture continues to contribute to my theme, by adding another emotion that we often experience during life. However, looking at this picture made me realize that I need to depart (or at least expand) from strict facial portraits and indulge into more full body shots with more dynamic posing (since the positioning of my models are rather "stiff"). I believe I should begin to incorporate the environment with my subject or at least diversify from up-close portraits.

No comments:
Post a Comment